Conductor Volodymyr Rudnitskyi
The chamber Choir "Voskresinnia" (Resurrection) of Ivano-Frankivsk Cathedral of Christ Resurrection was created in the fall of 2009. The conductor of the choir is Volodymyr Rudnytsky who graduated from the Lviv National Music Academy named after Mykola Lysenko and Institute of Arts of Ivano-Frankivsk national University named after Vasyl Stefanyk. The members of the choir are talented young musicians, graduates from higher educational institutions of Ukraine, Philharmonic soloists, teachers and heads of musical institutions in our region.
Greetings to all fans of choral art on our site. The mission of the “Choir "Voskresinnia" (Resurrection) is quite extraordinary and symbolically important. It is not only active concert activity and informing the listeners priceless masterpieces of Ukrainian choral music, but Sunday service of the Lord in the Divine liturgy in the Cathedral of the Holy Resurrection. The greatest h onor and duty to God to be a leader in the church choir, and even more in the central church of a metropolis Ukraine.
Simultaneously, it is a unique spiritual wealth, a source of inspiration for creativity and something incomprehensible sublime that it is impossible to convey in words but in common prayer to bring to God.
I try hard to inspire like-minded people to create desire and want it to work intensively to develop their talents and to remember that life is beautiful and short. Approximately ninety percent of our rich repertoire of sacred music, which is based on the Psalms, that is prayer. Common prayer chorus ─ a great power, and choir ─ a medicine for the human soul. It is said that he who sings and prays twice that prayer works ... By combining all these principles into one, we are working on enriching the spirituality and choral culture.
Greek Catholic Cathedral of the Holy Resurrection - a former Jesuit church - belongs to Austro-Bavarian baroque school stands out clear composition of the main volume, proportionality, warrant strict restraint and plastic walls. The slim silhouette of the main facade complement tent completion of two towers, which forms borrowed from the hutsul wooden architecture. Numerous restorations and repairs did not change the overall shape and structure of its design.
Construction of the original Jesuit church in the city began in 1720 and ended in 1729 - when it held its first service. Technical errors during construction led to the fact that cracks that threatened the building itself as well as parishioners. In this regard, in February 1752 the temple was dismantled and rebuilt (new building was completed in 1763).